A note about single DBS applications
Current legislation does not allow individuals to obtain a DBS Check on themselves. The law also does not allow a DBS Check to be obtained for a personal reason; such as to check what is on your criminal record.
Only "Regulated Activity Providers" can obtain a DBS check.
The service we provide via this website enables small businesses to obtain 1 x DBS check only.
Many other Registered DBS Umbrella Bodies require a minimum number of DBS applications, however we recognize that small businesses may not necessarily need more than one DBS check and so we can provide this for you.
We provide an online DBS application system that is simple, secure and efficient DBS checking service.
Please note: All 3 points of the Eligibility Criteria below must be met:
Eligibility Criteria for Single DBS Checks
- You must be a UK Resident and
- You must be:
- A Provider requiring one DBS Check who provides "Regulated Activity" and operates under a Trading Name or Company Name - for example the name you operate under for tax purposes ; Please note: your Trading Name or Company name is printed on the DBS certificate ;or
- A Recruiting Organisation / Company requiring one DBS Check ; or
- A Small Business/Company that only requires one DBS Check
- Companies/Organisations requiring 2 or more DBS Checks - if you represent a Company requiring 2 or more DBS Checks, please go to www.dbsdirect.co.uk
- Are you Employed? - if your role requires a DBS Check, your employer must obtain this for you. Employers can obtain DBS checks for their staff by going to www.dbsdirect.co.uk
- Need a Basic Disclosure (aka: Basic DBS or Basic Police Check) for a Personal Liquor/Premises Licence application - To purchase a Basic Disclosure application pack, please go to www.basicpolicecheck.co.uk